Spent time catching up and had a heart-to-heart talk at Y's today over a sumptuous meal (*aww* so sweet - she actually cooked instead of ordered in!). Entering her home again, I was reminded of the time I used to bunk at her place for a couple of weeks before my new home was ready (wonderful memories of the time we spent together). Only your close friends (wise beyond her years) would say it like it is (no mincing of words), which I deeply appreciated (I needed that). I'm instinctively reminded that, "Friends listen to what you say while best friends listen to what you don't say" (she knows me well; I'm 'an open book', she said). She was the one who introduced me to Integrated Body Therapy (IBT) and I'm benefitting much from the sessions. She knew what a determined girl I am and was confident that I would beat the cancer (keep the faith!). Thank you - I feel blessed for your love and support. I'll end my post with this poignant song, "Let Somebody Go" and an extract of its lyrics.
"All the storms we weathered, everything that we went through. Now, without you, what on earth am I to do? When I called the mathematicians and I asked them to explain. They said, 'Love is only equal to the pain'. And when everything was going wrong, you could turn my sorrow into song. Oh, it hurts like so, to let somebody go."

No comments:
Post a Comment